Saturday, February 1, 2014

Let It Begin!


Man, this is a miserable time of year. Sure, celebrations abound for adorable (if unreliable) groundhogs and long-passed early presidents, but the rest of us in certain climates are stuck shivering in crumby weather, sloshing around in dirty melted slush, and frantically navigating NBC's three-channel coverage of the Olympics to ensure the DVR does not fail to record every second of figure skating.


I've been burned before.

Thankfully, the Doll's House has a four-year-running tradition of taking one of the calendar's worth months and making it into something special. February being short, me being short, dolls being short, short being awesome, we take these next 28 days to focus on films that feature vertically challenged villains, be they Good Guys with attitudes or problem childs with bow ties. Stay tuned for Monday's first installment where we go back to Doll's House basics.


In the meantime, I invite my fellow bloggers to join in the fun by sending me your own posts (new or old) that give special love to those under average height. Our first recommend comes courtesy of the Gentlemen's Guide to Midnite Cinema, one of my most beloved film podcasts. On this very special Midnite Ride (said in a sexy, husky voice), blogging champions Mattsuzaka of Chuck Norris Ate My Baby and Karl Brezdin of Fist of B-List step up (3D) behind the microphone to discuss a true winter classic of yore, 1989's VHS treasure Elves.


Yes, that's the one about a Nazi elf, and yes, it's as spectacular as you'd think.
Download or stream this Shortening Approved episode and come back on Monday for a special visit with everyone's favorite plastic redhead.


No, not Midge. Something far more special...

5 comments:

  1. Woohoo! It has begun! I shall rifle through my DVD cabinets in search for suitable flicks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah! Make sure you share your links so I can include them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh boy! I will be shortening it again this year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the plug Emily! Looking forward to learning about some films that I've somehow overlooked. (I need to stop being so shortsighted with my movie watching).

    ReplyDelete